Flu "Shot" Immunity Elixir

2/10/2016



t’s that time of year again….no, not Halloween. The time of year where I want to lock myself up in the house and never, ever come out because EVERYONE is sick! I try so hard every year to avoid getting a wicked cold. I’m like a magnet to germs, and it’s inevitable that if I make human contact, I’ll probably end up sick for a week. Does that sound fun to you? Me either.

Last year, we went to a Johnny Winter concert, and he was soooo sick (as in cold, also sick as in rad). We ended up going to hang out back stage since Alex was taking photos, and 1 day later, it hit us all like the plague. I’ve never felt so sick in my life, and I don’t plan on feeling that way any time soon.

Some of you would say I probably have a weak immune system, and you’d be right. I eat well and exercise, but I’m just one of those people. So, what do I do now to keep the germs at bay? (Aside from vigorous hand washing)

May I introduce to you…….FLU SHOT!

This little elixir has everything you need to up your immune system and combat those cold germs. I’ve been taking a “shot” of this once a week since September, and I have been going strong. I’m probably the only person I know who hasn’t had a cold yet. This recipe makes about 2 cups. I like to divide it into 1/2 cups in small bottles for easy access. The best part is that this is all natural, so you can really drink as much as you want! Feel a cold coming on? Have a small glass. Already sick? Have a small glass. These ingredients all work in their own way to help fight your cold. I’m not a big fan of medicines, or real flu shots. I’m terrified of needles as it is, and frankly, every time I got a shot, I’d get the flu. So what’s the point? If there’s a natural remedy that works, I’m much better off.
DSCN6984 copy

Flu Shot Immunity Elixir

Makes 2 Cups

What You’ll Need: 

+ 1-1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (use store-bought if you’d like)

+ 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

+ 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

+ 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

+ 1 teaspoon (or more) honey

Whisk this all together, and drink. You can store this in the refrigerator in sealed jars for about 2 weeks.

Why These Ingredients Work: 

Orange Juice: Well, as we all know, OJ is packed full of Vitamin C, which is a key ingredient in boosting our immune systems.

Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a super food for many reasons. It helps clear out a stuffy nose, it can almost instantly help cure a sore throat, as the acidity and antibacterial properties kill germs. It also helps you regain your PH balance, which your body needs when fighting off a cold. Just to name a few.

Fresh Ginger: It is an antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and antibacterial. It can help fight off a cold better than most. Plus, it’s great for upset stomachs.

Cayenne Pepper: It’s a metabolism booster, anti inflammatory, and antioxidant. If you’re already sick, cayenne helps shrink the blood vessels in your nose and relieves congestion.

Honey: This is one of the best ways to soothe a sore throat. However, Honey is antibacterial, which will help kill of germs in your throat and body, which will not only prevent you from getting sick, but help you get better.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let your breath be your anchor

Let your breath be your anchor

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe